Tuesday 25 March 2014

Drive the Cold Winter Away

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programme....

Sorry about the seven-month hiatus. Let's get back to work.

I have been pretty much hibernating over the winter. Understandable, considering how miserable the weather was. However, we had a few nice days before St. Patrick's Day, and I managed to stir myself, dust the cobwebs off me camera and head out to see what new street art might await me.

Today I'll share with you the lovely pieces I found down at Crosse's Green quay, near St. Fin Barre's Cathedral. Some of these may have been around for "a while", but I thought it would be good to give a slice of what I found on the day.

The following photos were all taken by me on 14/03/2014. I'll try to note the artist. If I make a mistake, please let me know and I'll make a correction...

Lou Reed tribute by Foundry


Lou Reed tribute by Foundry


A bicycle piece (not yet finished) by Emmet


A bicycle piece (not yet finished) by Emmet


Beautiful woman by Kone


Beautiful woman by Kone


Tags by Kone


Detail of a bird by Kone


Rooster by Dusto


Rooster by Dusto


Rooster by Dusto


Frog by Psychonautes and Foundry


Frog by Psychonautes and Foundry


Skulls, etc., by Psychonautes


Skulls, etc., by Psychonautes


A nice head, but artist unknown


A nice piece, but artist unknown


And last but not least - on the off chance you are interested - here's a link to the Horslips' version of the song "Drive the Cold Winter Away" on the 'Tube....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJqeZmj6X2Q

And a blog post about same....
http://zeegrooves.blogspot.ie/2014/03/horslips-drive-cold-winter-away.html




No comments:

Post a Comment